The opening of the beautiful new Pelham Community Centre in 2018 will mark a new era for Pelham and the entire Niagara Region. Below is a collection of testimonials from our donors who are excited about the opening of this transformational project.
Donor Highlight Videos:
Community of Lookout Ridge
Kinsmen of Fonthill & District
Pelham Minor Hockey Association
The Burr Family
Donor Highlight Stories:
Accipiter Radar Technologies
Arena A will be named the Accipiter Arena, thanks to the incredible generosity of Dr. Tim Nohara and his company, Accipiter Radar Technologies. The company donated $250,000 to the capital fundraising campaign.
“This is about cultural and recreational vibrancy, it’s about bringing people together,” Dr. Tim Nohara said, adding, “there’s strength in communities that play together.”
Nohara noted he is certainly looking forward to playing a bit of hockey at the new centre when he is not watching his nieces and nephews and future grandchildren on the ice.
Learn more about Accipiter Radar Technologies here.
Arena B will be named the Duliban Insurance Arena by virtue of the generous contributions of the Duliban family and the Trillium Mutual Insurance Company, who donated $125,000 and $25,000 to the campaign respectively.
Adam Duliban said the choice to come on board with contribution was a no brainer given his childhood memories of playing hockey in the current Pelham Arena. “Our family has such a history with hockey,” said Adam, “as kids we were found in the arena all the time.”
Brother Jason Duliban said the contribution is a way for the business to give back to the community that has supported its growth. He was quick to add he is excited for the new facility, not only because of the ice, but because of the community the building will generate. “It will shape our community,” said Jason, adding, “recreation creates jobs and generates income.”
Capital Campaign Donors:
- Dr. Gary and Mall Accursi Banquet, Theatre and Multi-Purpose Community Room and surround area
- Accipiter Arena
- Duliban Insurance Arena (with the support of Trillium Mutual Insurance)
- Pelham Minor Hockey Plaza & Entrance
- Community of Lookout Ridge Walking Track
- Mountainview Homes Upper Arena Lobby
- Kinsmen Community Room
- Willowbrook Nurseries Entrance
- Walker Industries Viewing Galleria
- Bissell’s Hideaway Upper Bridge
- Daniel & Partners LLP Concession Lounge
- Doug and Susan Burr Lower Arena Lobby
- Robert and Patricia Laing Family Change Rooms